David PetruskaUpstream Technical Authority & Team Leader – Floating Systems & Metocean
David Petruska is the Upstream Technical Authority and Team Leader for floating systems and metocean at BP. He has over 25 years of experience in the offshore industry primarily focused on deepwater. David is responsible for leading the floating systems and metocean discipline within BP Upstream organization. He was previously the chair of the API Station keeping Task Groups and is a member of API RP 2RD, API RP 2FPS and 2FSIM work groups. He has also worked as the floating systems and riser technical authority for the GoM, the Atlantis project marine authority and the mooring lead on the Mad Dog project to implement the first polyester mooring system in the GoM. Prior to joining BP, he worked 9 year for Mobil and then ExxonMobil in a variety of roles spanning operations, projects and R&D. David Graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a doctorate of science, masters and bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering – Structures. He has published numerous technical papers over the years.
11:00 AM Oil Operators and FPSO Contractors’ Power Panel: Optimizing Processes, People and Technology to Realise Successful FPSO Projects in the Current Environment
- Oil operator, FPSO contractor and supply chain collaboration in difficult times: changing project execution models and strategic partnerships
- Value optimization and improvements: Re-visiting CAPEX and OPEX reduction initiatives for FPSO projects
- Getting more from less: How we do we extract more value out of our people and process?
- How do you create more value for mature operating assets?
- The role of technology: Embracing and harnessing digital technology and innovative solutions- Do you dare take the first step?
- What are tangible cost-reduction initiatives that oil operators, FPSO contractors and supply chain have successfully implemented?
- Managing and leading change in challenging times: Retaining talent in the oil and gas industry