Duncan PeaceManaging Director
Duncan has spent the majority of his 30+ years’ experience in the oil and gas business working on the design, construction, installation and operation of floating production and storage units.
A Naval Architect with a Master’s Degree in Offshore Engineering, and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, he initially gained project experience with major contracting organisations such as Brown and Root and John Brown, before joining FPSO contractor Navion in Norway during the late 90’s as Commercial VP.
Following the sale of Navion’s FPSO business, Duncan returned to the UK to found Crondall Energy, and has lead the growth of the Company from start-up to its current position as a market leading multi-discipline oil and gas consultancy.
Duncan is an acknowledged global expert in the FPSO market, and continues to combine his leadership role with strategic consulting activities with major oil companies, contractors and banks. He speaks frequently at industry conferences and seminars around the World.
11:00 AM Oil Operators and FPSO Contractors’ Power Panel: Optimizing Processes, People and Technology to Realise Successful FPSO Projects in the Current Environment
- Oil operator, FPSO contractor and supply chain collaboration in difficult times: changing project execution models and strategic partnerships
- Value optimization and improvements: Re-visiting CAPEX and OPEX reduction initiatives for FPSO projects
- Getting more from less: How we do we extract more value out of our people and process?
- How do you create more value for mature operating assets?
- The role of technology: Embracing and harnessing digital technology and innovative solutions- Do you dare take the first step?
- What are tangible cost-reduction initiatives that oil operators, FPSO contractors and supply chain have successfully implemented?
- Managing and leading change in challenging times: Retaining talent in the oil and gas industry
12:00 PM FPSO Financiers’ Panel – Exploring Innovative Ways To Finance FPSO Projects In The Current Market Conditions
- Assessing the investment appetite for FPSO projects and what kind of financing alternative are available
- Successful debt restructuring: understanding the challenges and outlook ahead for offshore companies
- Risk Calculation: How do financiers calculate risk and can technical risk reductions be adequately reflected in contracts?
1:45 PM Oil Operators’ Panel: Working together with FPSO contractors – how to make the relationship a win-win solution for all parties
- Assessing the current state of the oil market
- Understanding oil companies requirements for FPSO contractors?
- Appetite for FPSO projects and potential market opportunities